ELEVATE YOUR ON-THE-TRAIL RAMEN GAME WITH A SIMPLE YET FLAVOURFUL FAVOURITE!
BY DEHYDRATING YOUR VEGGIES AHEAD OF TIME, YOU’LL DEFINITELY SAVE WEIGHT, BUT ADD TO THE COOKING TIME. IT’S UP TO YOU WHETHER TO GO FRESH OR DRIED!
ADD MADE AHEAD HARD BOILED EGGS, BACON, OR TEMPEH IF YOU’RE FEELING THE NEED FOR SOME EXTRA PROTEIN!
MEAL PREP :
- Wash, dry, clean off ends and seeds then slice your zucchini, mushrooms and peppers into 1/8″ pieces.
- If you are bringing fresh, wrap veggies in some paper towel and put into a moisture proof bag like this reusable silicon one by Stasher.
- If you are dehydrating, place your slices into the dehydrator and follow the recommended time and temperature settings for your device.
- Once your veggies are dehydrated, place two servings into a moisture proof container.
- Wash, dry, and trim off ends of two green onions / scallions. Wrap in paper towel and secure with a rubber band.
- Portion out 1 tsp of Tajin Spice( We got ours in CDMX, but you can pick some up from Unimarket in YYC), and 1 tbsp of Black Sesame seeds into a couple of BPA Free screw-top plastic containers.
- Grab 2 packages of Sapporo Ichiban Miso Ramen.
- Portion out 6 cups of water into a bottle or bladder.
- Set aside 2 bowls with lids.
- Set aside 1 knife, I love this knife byOpineland 2 sporks(or forks. I use this cutlery set by GSI ).
- Set aside Jetboil or Pocket Rocket Stove with pot.
- Set aside a lighter, and fuel canister that is compatible with your stove of choice.
- Place all the above ingredients and supplies into a stuff sack and place in your backpack!
HOW TO COOK IT ALL
- Pour about a cup of water into your Jetboil/Pot and add in one serving of veggies (half), bring to a boil and let simmer on low (or off heat) for about 10 minutes, to rehydrate the veggies.
- While this is happening, pour your ramen spice packet, 1 tsp of Tajin, and 1/2 Tbsp of black sesame seeds into the bowl and mix with a bit of water. Place your noodles right on top.
- Fill your Jetboil/Pot to 2 cups of water, bring back to a boil.
- Carefully pour the boiling water over the noodles into the bowl, cover, and let stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Repeat process for second serving, using the other bowl 😉
- Top with sliced scallions, give it a stir and dig in!
We have linked directly to products that we own, or own similar versions of (because the one we have might be no longer available). Should you purchase something that is linked, it might be an affiliate and we may earn a commission on any purchase made from the website. This commission comes at no additional to you as a customer of the linked item. This recipe is not sponsored, and the ideas and opinions expressed above are our own. <3