S M O K E D T O F U W R A P S
These protein packed wraps are the perfect combination of savoury + sweet! A light coating of dressing sets these up as a fantastic make-ahead lunch the night before kind of vibe! Don’t like tofu? No problem! Sub in some chicken or pork!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Assembly Time 5 minutes
- 1 serving of firm to extra firm tofu – diced into 1x1cm cubes *for us, 1 serving is about a 1/4 cup when diced
- 2 tsp of light tasting oil like grape seed
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of smoked paprika
- 1tsp of lemon juice
- Pinch of chili powder or if you like spice, cayenne pepper
- Warm your oil in a small non stick pan on medium-high until shiny.
- Drop in your diced tofu and let it sizzle n’ pop, stirring consistently so the tofu doesn’t burn.
- When your tofu is looking crispy, sprinkle with dry seasonings and stir to coat evenly.
- Add in lemon juice, stir to coat and let cook until liquid is dissolved.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
MAPLE GLAZED PECANS:
- 2 tbsp whole or pieced pecans
- 1 tsp real maple syrup
- Use the same pan you made your tofu in, but be sure to let it cool before washing and warming it up to medium low with your pecans in the pan from the start.
- Keep your pecans moving, even with this lower heat, you want to ensure you get an even toasting.
- After a few minutes of making those pecans dance, you’ll notice that they will become fragrant. At this point turn your heat off and measure out your maple syrup.
- Drizzle pecans with maple syrup, stirring quickly as the syrup will bubble from the residual heat (be careful your pan is not too hot or the sugar will burn, not a good thing!)
- Coat your pecans evenly and set aside.
- 1 handful of red leaf lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp julienne red onions
- 1 tbsp Thompson raisins
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Dash of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- Pinch of salt
- Mix your greens + fixings in a bowl. Put salad dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until mixed, then pour over greens. Mix thoroughly with a big wooden spoon.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
- You’ll need a wrap of some sort for this part. We love multi grain, ancient grain, whole grain wraps, the bigger the better when it comes to this recipe! If you don’t have wraps, maybe you’ve got some naan bread or flatbread on hand, use that!
- Load up your wrap or flatbread with the greens, followed by the tofu. Fold it up and place in a ziploc bag with a rubber band in the middle of your pack until it’s time to eat on the trail!
P H O T O G R A P H Y B Y