May long weekend has come and gone here in Canada, and with that comes the opening of camping season for many of us Hike365 gals! A.V got out to the West Kootenays of B.C with her vintage Boler trailer for some early season hikes!
Next to photography and exploring the outdoors, A.V is also passionate about camping and backpacking cooking! She worked on perfecting the most delicious protein packed + hearty breakfast sandwich for this years hiking season! By grilling the sandwich it adds extra warmth to your meal for these chilly mountain camping mornings!
The Everything but the Kitchen Sink Breakfast Sandwich!
2 Eggs ( free range, organic, whatever you fancy )
3 pieces of Smoked Tempeh
Half a ripened avocado
2 pieces of whole wheat bread ( AV used fresh baked bread from a local bakery )
Hot sauce! Our fav is Cholula!
1. Pan fry your three pieces of tempeh as you would bacon, with some oil or butter.
2. Place your tempeh in some tin foil and keep warm at the back of your camp stove
3. Crack your eggs in the pan and cook over-medium ( we like them a bit gooey )
4. Start building your sandwich: egg, cheese, tempeh
5. Melt a little more butter in the pan + treat this sandwich like a grilled cheese, browning on both sides until nice and crispy
6. Take out of the pan, slice diagonal or straight ( it’s up to you! )
7. Pop open the top of each and place fresh avocado slices
8. Add hot sauce to your liking, enjoy your breakfast and get out there and hike!
* @picobac ( IG ) on the rim of Silver Spring Lakes near Fernie British Columbia this weekend.