The first time I had over-night oats it was for breakfast before a long day of cross country skiing, where a great start to the morning is necessary. Enjoyed with a warm cup of coffee, this easy breakfast is how I start my day quite a few days of the week. This is my spin on the original recipe shown to me by Dorian over at CoutuKitsch, I’ve tweaked it to make it my own & you can too!
– 1/3 Cup of Rolled Oats, and Spelt Flakes mixed together
– 1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
– 1/4 cup mixed pecans, dried cherries, raisins, and quinoa flakes
– 1.5 Tbsp Chia Seeds
– 1 cup milk of your choice ( cows, soy, rice, almond, coconut)
– 1 ripe banana
– 1 tbsp maple syrup
DIRECTIONS PART 1
The Night Before:
1. Mix your chia seeds, milk, vanilla, and oats together in a bowl.
2. Cover your bowl with a lid, or plastic wrap.
3. Place in fridge, leaving over night
DIRECTIONS PART 2
The Next Morning:
1. Grab your bowl from the fridge.
2. Add nuts and dried fruit, and quinoa flakes
3. Add a cut up ripe banana ( optional )
4. Pour in a little maple syrup ( my fav!)
5. Stir it up and Enjoy!